To monitor and control the operations and parameters of the power and water units through the plant’s control room and maintain a steady state of operations of the units, to meet the required production targets, in accordance with NOMAC’s work instructions and quality and HSSE standards.
Control Room Operations
- Operate the assigned unit / plant from the control panel as per defined procedures, adjust operating conditions and product flows and take immediate corrective action in the event of abnormalities or malfunction in the operating equipment.
- Develop thorough understanding of plant layout, processes, operating advanced technology systems and equipment and work procedures of multiple operating assets in order to perform duties and day to day operations as per defined quality/HSE standards.
- Maintain continuous radio contact with field operators, informing them of current operating conditions and initiating required actions to maintain operations within the agreed operating parameters.
- Update the control room registers and logs and carry out proper shift handover to ensure seamless communication.
- Follow the work instructions of the Shift Supervisor / Engineer, monitor any system abnormalities and take quick actions and decisions to normalise the equipment as per the work instructions / SOPs.
- Make initial diagnostic check to determine cause of equipment malfunction, correct faults if required or raise work requests for faulty equipment to the concerned departments and follow up for the timely and efficient defect rectification.
- Coordinate and ensure Lock Out & Tag Out during the isolation of equipment for maintenance and normalise the equipment after cancellation, as per the approved Permit to Work procedure.
- Provide on the job training to junior team members to facilitate knowledge sharing and achievement of defined quality standards within the team.
Health, Safety, Security & Environment
- Adhere to all relevant health, safety, security and environmental procedures, instructions and controls so that the safety of employees and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
- Monitor the environmental regulatory parameters on a regular basis and report any deviations to Shift Supervisor/Engineer for corrective action.
Policies, Processes, Systems & Procedures
Adhere to all relevant organisational and departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out to the required standard and in a consistent manner
- A technical Diploma holder in Engineering / Bachelors Engineering
- CSP experience required
- 4 years’ experience in control room operations in the Power / Water desalination units
- Knowledge of relevant plant equipment and control room operations
- Awareness of HSE & quality standards
- Knowledge of all relevant plant processes and equipment
- Attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of operating systems like DCS, SCADA, PLC etc.
- Knowledge of downtime analysis and good knowledge of problem solving tools
- Knowledge of power and water desalination operational activities
- Mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Planning, organizing, and integration skills
- Team work and effective collaboration skills