Civil Project Manager (Water Infrastructure)
Valmec is a national energy and infrastructure services group, delivering packaged equipment, construction, maintenance, commissioning and integrity maintenance services across Australia. We are an Australian-owned and managed company, an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and enhancing our employees’ capabilities, and providing a safe and rewarding working environment.
Delivering value for our clients and customers is the foundation of our approach to servicing our markets. Our guiding principle is clear – provide quality results through safety, innovative solutions, strong relationships and focused personnel.
To support our continued growth, we are searching for a Civil Project Manager to join the team in Perth, on a full time basis.
About the Opportunity
- Understand Client and Valmec required project outcomes in regard to budget, safety, client expectations and time restraints.
- Develop and manage the project construction program.
- Manage and update forecasted cash flow projections.
- Prepare and administer the project budget for the successful financial management of project cash flow requirements.
- Procurement of project materials and subcontractors.
- Select and manage subcontractors including preparation of subcontractor agreements, processing of progress and variation claims.
- Liaise with consultants and clients to ensure that progress claims and invoices are submitted in accordance with the contract.
- Develop, approve & disseminate HSEQ Management Plans.
- Manage and coordinate the collection of information for the timely submission of progress claims, variations and extension of time claims.
- Manage performance of all project staff including project engineers, supervisors and project administrators.
- Mentor and coach other Project Engineers to successfully deliver assigned project deliverables
We will offer the right candidate the opportunity to work in our developing culture and organisation. Along with the potential to be a part of Australia’s prominent energy, resources and infrastructure industry, an attractive salary is on offer for the successful candidate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or equivalent tertiary qualification
- 5+ years’ experience within the Infrastructure Industry at Project Management Level
- Familiarisation with Water Corporation specifications essential
- Proven experience managing underground services Projects
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with PVC & HDPE piping installation
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and planning skills.
- Advanced financial skills with considerable experience in preparing and managing budgets and cash flow management.
- Well-developed negotiation and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to lead, mentor and manage project teams
As a part of the recruitment process you may be required to complete pre-employment screening including but not limited to a Medical, National Police Clearance and Working Rights Check.
If you feel you have the qualifications, skills and experience necessary, and this sounds like a company you would like to be involved with, please submit a covering letter and resume clicking on the ‘Apply’ button.