TAX Free Contractual Job Opportunity for locally available and experienced DCS Commissioning Technician to be based in Qatar has just been made available by an industry leader.
Reporting directly to the DCS Engineer and ultimately to the Maintenance manager, the DCS Technician will fulfill the day to day DCS maintenance activities at the plant.
Additionally, the DCS Technician is responsible to support major outages of the plant, ensuring that the plant meets availability, reliability efficiency, generation and cost targets, safely and within strict environmental limits.
1. Good DCS engineering foundation and practical knowledge of how it applies to modern power plant and desalination plant technologies
2. Application of specialist skills such as PLC programming, knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
3. Ability to review and understand multi-discipline (mechanical, electrical, control systems, etc.) drawings and documents
4. Ability to review and understand OEM supplier drawings and information
5. Seek, organize and exchange information for decision making and problem solving.
6. Ability to build effective relationships with superiors and colleagues
7. Excellent written and spoken English language skills
1. High school education or technical institute graduate or extensive equivalent technical experience.
2. Control systems training and experience
3. More than seven years experience for DCS commissioning
4. Permit to work and lock-out tag-out training and experience
5. Extensive experience testing, tuning, calibrating, troubleshooting, and control systems