To supervise and support electrical maintenance activities in the plant. To lead the design, development, manufacturing and installation of new or modified electrical components or systems. To support operation and maintenance teams in troubleshooting issues related to electrical components or systems. To ensure mid and long-term integrity of electrical elements of the plant. All in accordance with the O&M plans, HSE guidelines and quality standards to ensure equipment and plant performance and reliability.
Design, development and installation related
- Lead electrical activities from O&M side related to the implementation of any modification, including the activities related to the design, development, manufacturing and installation of any new or modified equipment.
- Develop necessary specifications for electrical components and equipment.
- Contribute in the bid/evaluation processes including preparation of bid documents, completion of technical evaluations for proposals and providing recommendations for selection.
- Monitor the electrical preventive and corrective maintenance and overhauling work activities to ensure safe and efficient application of procedures and implementation of optimal electrical maintenance.
- Reviews Electrical Maintenance Procedures and suggests where they can be improved.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed in SAP correctly such as the Log, outlining the fault, method of repair and the time, labour and materials used in order to support timely availability of information.
- Monitor and support on the response to all emergency breakdowns to ensure plant availability, thereby minimising downtime and possibility of liquidity damages.
- Develop and promote a condition based preventive maintenance culture on day to day basis by conducting troubleshooting and root cause analyses, finding solutions to reduce reactive maintenance.
- Support in activities related to budgeting, forecasting, accounting, work order management.
Troubleshooting and Technical Guidance
- Troubleshoot critical problems/breakdowns of Electrical machinery and investigate, diagnose faults to determine best proper action/repairs while ensuring they comply with NOMAC’s quality and HSE standards. Performs Root Cause Analysis of Failures.
- Lead performance monitoring of electrical equipment and components. Review and analyse electrical machinery maintenance data and conduct site engineering studies to determine the feasibility of introducing modifications to increase reliability and efficiency of plant, thereby ensuring continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Prepare feasibility studies for new installations, replacements or repair of existing electrical machinery including technical evaluation, specifications and materials for modifications in addition to process diagrams and cost estimates and ensure proper follow up reports and evaluation on completed modifications.
- Provides field engineering oversight and direction for activities such as support, testing, installation, inspections, commissioning, etc.
- Participate in the effective forecasting of manpower, budget and material requirements to ensure timely availability of resources and spares for effective execution of Electrical outage maintenance plans.
- Support in the planning and execution of the shutdown maintenance of critical electrical machinery, as per the recommendation of the OEM, and provide technical support to ensure the EHS, scope, cost, and timeline objectives are met.
- Ensure availability of engineering documentation.
- Keep proper records of documentation generated related to electrical engineering activities (i.e. root cause analysis, troubleshooting support, performance analysis, integrity inspections, etc.).
- Ensure that all maintenance documentation for the electrical activities are completed correctly including the Maintenance Log, outlining the fault, method of repair and the time, labour and materials used to support timely availability of information.
Health, Safety, Security & Environment
- Ensure adherence to all relevant health, safety, security and environmental procedures, instructions and controls so that the safety of employees and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
- Together with HSSE department, ensure that safety rules and regulations are fully explained to plant employees / contractor staff and appropriate safety and protective equipment is worn; safety notices are prominently displayed in all work areas and that all accidents and incidents are efficiently investigated and analysed whilst ensuring that measures are implemented to avoid any recurrence.
- Adhere to all relevant health, safety, security and environmental procedures, instructions and controls so that the safety of employees and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
- Support in the preparation of regular requirements for machinery, spare parts and general materials for the electrical unit within the plant to support timely availability of requirements as per maintenance plans and budget constraints.
- Evaluate quotations provided by the procurement department to identify and provide recommendations on the most appropriate materials / machinery for the plant.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with all relevant internal departments and external contractors with highest standards of business ethics, whilst promptly attending to all critical technical issues in-order to ensure the services required by the organisation are delivered in the most effective manner.
- Liaise with EPC / OEM contractors for clarification, analysis and technical guidance in order to ensure clarity of communications/accurate fulfilment of operational requirements.
Monitor and support in the effective administration of SAP processes within the Electrical maintenance section and engineering section and adhere to SAP guidelines in all related aspects of maintenance planning, scheduling, data management such as breakdowns review, corrective maintenance notification, creating maintenance work orders and planning in order to ensure data/system integrity in line with NOMAC’s defined standards.
Contribute in the identification and implementation of change initiatives, programmes and projects in line with the organisation’s standards.
Policies, Processes, Systems & Procedures
Adhere to all relevant organisational and departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out to the required standard and in a consistent manner.
Perform any other duties which the line manager may require to be carried out.
- A Bachelor degree holder in Electrical Engineering.
- 8-10 years relevant engineering experience.
- Practical experience and know-how of electrical engineering.
- Knowledge of downtime analysis and practical knowledge of problem-solving tools.
- Knowledge of maintenance management methods, of predictive inspection tools and of CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System, good knowledge of SAP Template desirable).
- Project Management.
- Detailed understanding of preventative/predictive maintenance theory.
- Knowledge of the operations of power generation plants.
- Strong planning, organizing, and integration skills.
- Teamwork and effective collaboration skills.