Objectives & Measurement – Key Responsibilities
Including but not limited to:
- Involved in generation and supply of electricity.
- Solve electrical problems that may arise in any appliance or premises.
- Repair and upgrade the already existing electrical equipment.
- Oversee start-up and maintenance of power generators and other electrical equipment.
- Ensure that power generators are running within the optimum levels.
- Maintaining records of all electrical inventories and placing orders for spare parts and equipment.
- Keeping Maintenance Coordinator informed of progress.
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications
- Secondary technical education with 5 years of experience in Oil & Gas Industry and minimum 2 years as Electrical Technician in Gas Turbine Power Plant or similar project.
- Good English knowledge.
- Ability to identify technical malfunctions in electrical units.
- Good knowledge about handling and using electrical repair tools and equipment.
- Ability to effectively manage time and coordinate work functions with co-workers.
- Ability to learn how to effectively use maintenance software to input data and research parts.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
Design – Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Managing Through Systems – Designs practices, processes and procedures which allow managing from a distance; makes things work through others without intervening; makes things work through others without being there; impacts people and results remotely.
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.