Post: Field Civil Supervisor
Single Status role
1 year extendable contract
80% in the field, will be supervising the Foreman, hands on and will get the job done – piping experience is a plus.
Background should be plants / Industrial projects
- Inspecting construction sites regularly to identify and eliminate potential safety hazards.
- Supervising and instructing the construction team as well as subcontractors.
- Educating site workers on construction safety regulations and accident protocol.
- Enforcing site safety rules to minimize work-related accidents and injuries.
- Handling site accidents in accordance with established accident protocol.
- Maintaining an accurate record of construction employee attendance.
- Evaluating the performance of construction employees and instituting disciplinary measures as needed.
- Analyzing blueprints to ensure that construction projects meet design, safety, and budget specifications.
- Recommending changes to construction operations or procedures to increase efficiency.
Site Supervisor Requirements:
- Completion of a post-secondary education construction training program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Construction Science, Civil Engineering or related field is preferred.
- Proven experience working as a Site Supervisor.
- CPR and first aid certifications.
- Sound knowledge of building codes and construction safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of construction tools and equipment.
- The ability to interpret blueprints.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.