Field Service Technician
Valmec Limited is a growing Australian owned energy and infrastructure services group. We construct, commission and maintain in the energy, resources and infrastructure industries. Delivering value for our clients and customers is the foundation of our approach to servicing our markets.
Here at Valmec, our guiding principle is clear – provide quality results through safety, innovative solutions, strong relationships and focused personnel.
About the Opportunity
To support our continued growth, we are searching for Field Service Technicians to join the team in our Darra location, on a full time basis.
We will offer the right candidate the opportunity to work in our growing organisation with a dynamic working culture, along with the potential to be a part of Australia’s prominent energy, resources and infrastructure industries. We are an equal opportunity employer and as such actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
- Service and overhaul gas fueled engines, compressors, and components
- Service and overhaul Power generation equipment
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Trade qualifications as a Mechanic. Must have an Automotive or Heavy Duty Mechanical Trade
- Minimum five (5) year experience post apprenticeship
- Proven experience in overhaul/maintenance of large gas fueled engines and compression equipment
- Demonstrated experience with Waukesha, Caterpillar MWM/Deutz or Jenbacher gas engines is advantageous
- Experience with Ariel, Gemini, Superior, Ingersoll Rand gas compressors is advantageous
- Motivated self-starter, working unsupervised with a large focus on safety
- Able to travel to various sites as required and flexible to do so at short notice
If you feel you have the qualifications, skills and experience necessary, and this sounds like a company you would like to be involved with, you can apply now by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button.