HSE Supervisor (drilling)
Location: UAE / Bahrain
Drilling rig (offshore)
To supervise the drilling site to ensure that activities are carried out in a safe manner and with minimal environmental impact and guarantee compliance with all appropriate procedures, standards and legislations.
To act as a focal point for health, safety and environmental issues, providing support and advice, and ensuring that the activities follow appropriate standards and legislations.[BA1]
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
The job holder is responsible for:
- Provide technical HSE advice and input to ensure a safety environment coordinating day by day HSE activities on-board of the drilling rig (jack up)
- Carry out the preliminary hazard assessment of the safety risks for each task
- Review Contractor HSE performance by inspection and by acquiring data
- Ensure strict compliance with the HSE requirements and procedures
- Investigate all incidents and accidents fulfilling the appropriate forms
- Delivering, in a timely manner, support processes and documentation that are required for HSE aspects
- Ensure that activities (i.e. drilling,) are conducted in accordance with the Eni HSE Management System, Eni procedures, Local law, International codes and standards
- Ensure emergency preparedness in compliance with Emergency Response documents/plans
- Carry out HSE inspections and arrange safety meetings
Ensure that Eni personnel policies appropriately reflect corporate and applicable statutory requirements for occupational health, safety and environmental issues through training and induction. Ensure activities are carried out in full compliance with Eni procedures and best HSE practices.
Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment through:
- Adherence to Eni Abu Dhabi HSE Policy and procedures.
- Adherence to HSE guidelines
- Identification of HSE hazards in the work place.
- Reporting of HSE Accident/Incidents/Near Miss.
Additional HSE Responsibilities:
- Ensuring adherence to Eni HSE guidelines , policies and procedures
- Ensuring awareness of company emergency response procedure
- Company representative onboard, Rig Contractors and subcontractors, Eni Bahrain and Eni Abu Dhabi Team members [BA2]
Qualifications & Experience:
The job holder must have
- Engineering or technical degree
- Not less than 5 years of experience in the oil and gas industry
- Not less than 3 years of experience in offshore drilling activities
Familiar with international HSE standards and GCC authority regulatory and culture.
- The job holder must have proven:
- Environmental and Safety Experience on offshore drilling sites
- Good understanding of the HSE aspects of drilling activities
- Training as per international requirements (e.g. BOSIET, H2S, IMO)
- Team worker
- Good personal and presentational skills diplomatic, supervisory, written and presentational skills
Offshore drilling rig[BA3] (jack up)
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.