HSE Supervisor in an Indigenous EPC Company in Rivers State
Our client, an Indigenous EPC Company requires for immediate employment a suitably qualified candidate for the position of a HSE Supervisor.
• We are looking for a responsible Safety Officer to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines.
• You will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations.
• You will also be on a constant lookout for violations.
• The ideal candidate will be a responsible individual who swears by OSH regulations.
• Your work will be largely focused on prevention so you need to be conscientious and farsighted.
• The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies.
• The goal is to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
• Support the development of OHS policies and programs
• Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
• Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
• Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
• Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
• Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
• Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
• Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
• Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives
• Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
• B.Sc / BA in Safety Management, Engineering or relevant field is preferred
• Minimum of 8-10 years experience in HSE preferably in a similar environment.
• Certificate in occupational health and safety.
• Proven experience as safety officer
• In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
• Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
• Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
• Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
• Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Diligent with great attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email