This position is a ‘hands-on’ site supervisory role, reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, is responsible for all planned, corrective, shutdown and campaign instrumentation maintenance activities. Purpose is to plan, direct and execute maintenance activities and related project work. The position involves leading a team of skilled Instrumentation Technicians, control system disciplines and managing interfaces with operations, engineering, to ensure that plant integrity and safe operations are maintained. Support localization program through continues mentoring and coaching local national trainees and technicians.
- Directs all instrument maintenance activities at Khormor LPG recovery plant.
- Leads a team of skilled instrument technicians and acts as interface between management and technical team.
- Able to improve the discipline team in troubleshoot and fault find on instrumentation equipment, systems and controls.
- Conversant with ICSS control systems, telecommunication equipment, rotating equipment monitoring and controls.
- Leads ad-hoc teams of contract and vendor technicians for construction and maintenance work as required.
- Ensures that plant and equipment is maintained according to compliance and integrity standards in order to meet expected reliability and ‘uptime’ Key Performance Indicators.
- Liaises closely with Production Operations, Maintenance and Engineering teams in activity planning, engineering change and cost control.
- Ensures that procedures for the safe execution of tasks are in place and adhered to (including Task Instructions, Permits-to Work, Task Risk Assessments, and Toolbox Talks).
- Ensures that all activities are accurately recorded in the maintenance management system (SAP), providing all necessary reports to the Operations support team.
- Assists in recruiting, mentoring, training, and appraising maintenance personnel.
- Participates in Emergency Response organization as required (this may include responsibilities in Search & Rescue and Fire Fighting).
- Support the company localization program through a continues mentoring and coaching for local nationals and provide feedback on their performance on regular basis.
- Manages the maintenance of instrument safety critical elements on time and achieve Zero backlogs.
- Provide support to achieve the annual SCE verification program.
Systems and Procedures
- Introduces new maintenance systems and procedures which will improve the maintenance performance on instrumentation equipment, systems and controls.
Functional Policies and Guidelines
- Develops maintenance policies and guidelines for the smooth, efficient and effective delivery of all operations.
Reporting and Communication
- Reports to the Maintenance Superintendent on all issues relating own responsibilities.
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all CreDan staff.
- Able to communicate very well in both verbal and written English and demonstrated excellent supervisory skills
Continuous Improvement of Position
- Conducts studies to identify areas for improving facilities on a continuous basis in order to facilitate the operations. Recommends improvement actions and practices to senior management
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Engineering degree in instrumentation and controls
Minimum Professional Experience Required
- Discipline training to ‘skilled’ level in Instrumentation and DCS, PLC operability and functionality.
- Experience of working with various types of rotating equipment including pumps, compressors, power generation packages, and related instrument/electrical process control loops and systems.
- Fully experienced in working with safety management systems and a basic understanding of local safety management legislation.
- In-depth understanding of oil and gas production equipment, processes and utility systems