Instrumentation SupervisorMAN00ICCompany: Worley
: Full-timeEmployment Type: Associate’s Degree/College DiplomaJob Level: Experienced
: Oct 27, 2020
: Nov 27, 2020Reporting Manager Title: Project Director:
You can expect a lot from a career at Worley
Together, our nearly 60,000 people across 60 countries have already achieved many industry firsts. And we’ve broken several records along the way.
We’re excited about the challenges ahead as the energy transition gathers pace. If you ask us, there’s never been a more rewarding time to work in the energy, chemical and resources sectors.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success
The primary role of the Instrumentation Supervisor is to support and guide the instrumentation contractor personnel & relevant project team within the instrumentation discipline in achieving the efficient development and safe, on-time, on budget, project completion. The position is accountable for the safety, quality and timeliness of the contractor’s works within the appointed area/scope. This includes HSE implementation, contractor adherence to latest drawings and quality control by maintenance of QC check sheets in accordance with the quality plan.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITY
• Ensure that contractors comply with all aspects of the Worksite HSE Plan and policy; site regulations, permit to work, Worley and Customer requirements.
• Perform instrumentation construction activities as per drawings, specifications and project documents in accordance with the project field procedures and site instructions.
• Ensure by leadership and guidance that instrumentation contracted works meets all practical, commercial, requirements of productivity, quality and contract target completions.
• Routinely study, check and review all contractor scope as detailed in drawings, specifications and instructions, ensuring contractors proper interpretation and compliance with the lasted AFC drawings and specifications.
• Ensure proper change control by issuing Field Instructions for all changes, reviewing Site Queries to ensure responses are appropriate and practical and reviewing Advanced Revision notices prior to issue to contractors to ensure correct use of construction resources.
• Ensure contractors dimensional control methods for checking that the works are properly set out and supervise specialist surveying contractors where necessary.
• Ensure Quality inspectors and contractor supervisors carry out the witness, inspection and surveillance checks in accordance with the Worley Quality Plan and the requirements of the Quality Control Manager.
• Ensure that contractors are working in the required work areas, locations and elevations and that work sequence and interfaces with other contactors are both coordinated and planned to provide continuous working to meet contract schedules.
• Ensure that all quality control checks and tests are instigated, with records maintained and available.
• Ensure practical security and protection of the works and that all contractors’ provisions for temporary plant are fit for purpose.
• Ensure that all construction materials, embedded items, special fixtures are approved for use and that they are stored, protected and available to workface locations as required.
• Promote and maintain Worley, Customer and contractor best practice working relationships.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
• Communicating effectively in a range of environments and with Worley team members and Contractors
• Demonstrating excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills
• Well-developed technical and practical skills and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers.
• Solid technical and practical experience in the relevant discipline, including ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritization of work to achieve them.
• A thorough understanding of industrial construction environment and proven supervisory experience in multi-disciplinary teams.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in an instrumentation supervisory position in the construction of major refineries, petrochemical or process plants
• Recognised trade qualifications in the relevant discipline or equivalent experience
• Competent in the use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and a sound knowledge in relevant software