TAX Free Job Opportunity for an experienced NDT Specialist to be based in Qatar by a leading operating oil and gas company.
Candidates who are currently in Qatar wil be higly preferred.
Job Purpose Responsible as Lead NDT and Inspection Specialist for:
- Review, surveillance inspection, monitoring of manufacture, installation, and welding of: line pipe, induction bends, forgings and components.
- Verifying assurance with the Technical Requirement and Project Specifications.
- Advise contractor and company of any non-conformance to the technical requirement and project specifications.
- Verify that the scope of work is completed in accordance with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards.
- The scope will require extensive travel to supplier/manufacturer and contractor facilities, wherever the contracts are awarded.
- ASNT, PCN or CWIP NDT Level 3 (UT, RT, MT, PT, VT) relevant applications. Radiographic Interpreter (dense metal welds). Degree in engineering, materials science or equivalent (Master’s degree preferred). Professional Engineer (C.Eng. or equivalent). Certified Quality or special process Auditor. Health and Safety certification (IOSH or NEBOSH).
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 10+ years’ relevant experience as an NDT specialist, relevant to line pipe, forgings, induction bends, onshore and offshore pipeline girth welds.
- Knowledge of visual inspection, dimensional inspection, mechanical testing, weld procedure qualification.
- Able to perform, comply, audit and make assessments of Safety Management System (Advance Safety Auditing, Behaviour Safety System, JSA’s, act) and have competence in safety procedures.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in auditing quality control systems in pipe mills, fabrication shops and yards, onshore and offshore facilities.
- Have detailed knowledge and understanding of industrial codes and standards (AWS, ASTM, ASME, API, ISO, NEC, NACE etc.) and specifications.
- Have knowledge of ISO and (or) API Q1 quality audit program and able to participate/perform/lead quality audits.
- Significant experience in working with FEED/EPC contractors and interfacing with specialized service suppliers (e.g. HDD).
Technical and Business Skills
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and other relevant applications. Excellent communication/written skills and ability to work with different disciplines.
- High awareness of safe working practices associated with design, construction, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning of onshore pipelines and facilities.