1. Develops, implements and maintains Pipeline Integrity Management system (PIMS) based on the best industry standards supported by computerised system for the management of Threats and Risks, Mitigation Plan, Discovery Management, Integrity Assessment and Performance Monitoring.
2. Provides leadership and Pipeline expertise to EPC contractor, vendors and engineering subcontractors, as required, ensuring alignment on pipeline needs, objectives, and requirements through close liaison with PMT counterparts.
3. Coordinates the preparation and stewardship of Pipeline contract deliverables and drives design of alternative studies, as required. Ensuring quality and timing of the Pipeline deliverables is in accordance with the approved project execution schedule and is technically aligned with Company Operations. Provides relevant data (narrative, charts, graphs, etc.) for monthly progress reporting.
4. Manages the timely delivery of technical deliverables for all Pipeline-related purchase orders and owns the Pipeline-related technical attachments and scope description to all fabrication and construction contracts.
5. Manages Pipeline design in accordance with the project’s change management program and owns the Pipeline schedule and critical milestones (procurement, engineered equipment procurement; ROS dates, etc.); develops and stewards recovery plans to address any schedule delays.
6. Responsible for previous lessons learned knowledge and capturing and communicating lessons learned for the current project within company.
7. Assesses EPC contractor capability with respect to compliance with company policies for prevention of information brokering, business standards, guidelines, engineering and design procedures, processes and deliverables, staffing plans personnel suitability and adequacy, ensuring Pipeline or other technical support is available to address gaps.
8. Ensures technical alignment with company Operations and that EPC Contractor is familiar with Pipeline execution plans, procedures, objectives, and overall job requirements; project is adequately staffed; employs the appropriate Pipeline design tools, including computer hardware and software; adheres to all appropriate Pipeline specifications, standards and design verification processes; provides all contract documents and accurate progress measurement and reporting.
9. Cooperates with review teams and supports post-audit activities with respect to contract administration and subcontracting.
Our client is the world’s largest LNG company. They produce and supply the world with 77 million metric tonnes of LNG annually.
Headquartered in the ultra-modern Doha, Qatar, our client owes & operates the world’s largest non-associated gas field
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelor degree in Metallurgy, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
* 10+ years’ experience in leadership positions related to pipeline design and installation, particularly for CRA pipelines.
* Extensive knowledge of:
o Pipeline and subsea cable design and lay engineering principles, theories, and concepts.
o Applicable codes, standards, and trade practices.
* Proven experience in working with EPC contractors on large capital projects.
* General understanding of pipeline Flow assurance design and requirements, including transient scenarios, hydrate mitigation options.
* Extensive knowledge of design standards, specifications, codes, appropriate safety criteria, offshore installation, construction and testing of CRA pipeline systems.
* Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 50 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.