This position is a ‘hands-on’ site Technician role, reporting to the Maintenance Instrument Supervisor, is responsible for all planned, corrective, and campaign instrumentation maintenance activities. Purpose is to plan, direct and execute maintenance activities and related project work. The position involves leading a team of skilled Instrumentation Technicians, control system disciplines and managing interfaces with operations, engineering, to ensure that plant integrity and safe operations are maintained. Support the company localisation program through on job training and coaching to the local national technicians and trainees.
- Leads all instrument maintenance activities at Khormor LPG recovery plant.
- Leads a team of instrument technicians and acts as interface between management and technical team.
- Leads loop checks and perform calibration. In-depth knowledge of PLC controllers,
- leads troubleshoot and fault find on instrumentation equipment, systems and controls.
- Leads flow meters and gas chromatographs troubleshooting and calibration.
- Works with ICSS control systems, telecommunication equipment, rotating equipment monitoring and controls.
- Ensures that plant and equipment is maintained according to compliance and integrity standards in order to meet expected reliability and ‘uptime’ Key Performance Indicators.
- Liaises closely with Production Operations, Maintenance and Engineering teams in activity planning, engineering change and cost control.
- Ensures that procedures for the safe execution of tasks are in place and adhered to (including Task Instructions, Permits-to Work, Task Risk Assessments, and Toolbox Talks).
- Ensures that all activities are accurately recorded in the maintenance management system (SAP), providing all necessary reports to the Operations support team.
- Assists in localisation program through on job training, coaching and supporting the development of local national instrument trainees and technicians.
- Participates in Emergency Response organization as required (this may include responsibilities in Search & Rescue and Fire Fighting).
- Works closely with instrument supervisor to minimise the work backlogs and to close all work related to SCE on time.
Systems and Procedures
- Supports in Introducing new maintenance systems and procedures which will improve the effectiveness of the maintenance functions.
Functional Policies and Guidelines
- Supports in Development of maintenance policies and guidelines for the smooth, efficient and effective delivery of all operations.
Reporting and Communication
- Reports to the Maintenance Instrument Supervisor on all issues relating own responsibilities.
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all CreDan staff.
- Ables to communicate very well in both verbal and written English and demonstrated supervisory skills
- Continuous Improvement of Position
- Conducts studies to identify areas for improving facilities on a continuous basis in order to facilitate the operations. Recommends improvement actions and practices to senior management.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Educated in a related Maintenance discipline with 10 years’ experience in gas processing, field production facilities.
Minimum Professional Experience Required
- Discipline training to ‘skilled’ level in Instrumentation and DCS, PLC operability and functionality
- Experience of working with various types of rotating equipment including pumps, compressors, power generation packages, and related instrument/electrical process control loops and systems.
- Fully experienced in working with safety management systems and a basic understanding of local safety management legislation.
- In-depth understanding of oil and gas production equipment, processes and utility systems