This position is a ‘hands-on’ site technician role, reporting to the Maintenance Mechanical Supervisor, is responsible for planning, reviewing and execution of all mechanical planned and corrective maintenance activities on Khormor installations in accordance with both local and industry standards. Lead the troubleshooting and fault finding on static and rotating equipment and mechanical systems. Authorized as performing under Permit to work system. Develops mechanical maintenance procedures, risk assessments, job plans and work instructions. Undertakes a multi-tasking role in leading technicians in order to assist the Production Operations in maintaining the plant availability and improving equipment reliability. Support the company localisation program through on job training and coaching of local national trainees and technicians.
- Leads all mechanical maintenance activities at Khormor LPG recovery plant.
- Leads troubleshooting and fault finding on rotating equipment, gas engine and reciprocating compressors.
- Leads equipment major repairs and overhaul works such as top end and in frame services.
- Works with computerised maintenance management system SAP to prepare the weekly, bi-weekly and monthly work and manpower planning and scheduling.
- Ensures that plant and equipment is maintained according to compliance and integrity standards in order to meet expected reliability and ‘uptime’ Key Performance Indicators.
- Liaises closely with Production Operations, Maintenance and Engineering teams in activity planning, engineering change and cost control.
- Ensures that procedures for the safe execution of tasks are in place and adhered to (including Task Instructions, Permits-to Work, Task Risk Assessments, and Toolbox Talks).
- Ensures that all activities are accurately recorded in the maintenance management system (SAP), providing all necessary reports to the Operations support team.
- Assists in localisation program through on job training, coaching and supporting the development of local national mechanical trainees and technicians.
- Participates in Emergency Response organization as required (this may include responsibilities in Search & Rescue and Fire Fighting).
- Works closely with mechanical supervisor to minimise the work backlogs and to close all work related to SCE on time.
- Communicates with equipment vendors for technical support.
- Improves risk-based inspection and condition monitoring on rotating equipment and support reliability technician in order to improve the equipment reliability programs.
Systems and Procedures
- Supports in Introducing new maintenance systems and procedures which will improve the effectiveness of the maintenance functions.
Functional Policies and Guidelines
- Support in Development of maintenance policies and guidelines for the smooth, efficient and effective delivery of all operations.
Reporting and Communication
- Reports to the Maintenance mechanical Supervisor on all issues relating own responsibilities.
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all CreDan staff.
- Able to communicate very well in both verbal and written English and demonstrated supervisory skills
- Continuous Improvement of Position
- Conducts studies to identify areas for improving facilities on a continuous basis in order to facilitate the operations. Recommends improvement actions and practices to senior management.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Educated in a related Maintenance discipline with 10 years’ experience in gas processing, field production facilities.
Minimum Professional Experience Required
- Experience in working with various types of rotating equipment including pumps, compressors, power generation packages, and related mechanical control loops and systems.
- Fully experienced in working with safety management systems and a basic understanding of local safety management legislation.
- In-depth understanding of oil and gas production equipment, processes and utility systems.
- Excellent experience in SAP system.