Senior Process Engineer
Senior Process Engineer
ABOUT THIS JOB
To provide a professional and technically competent Process & Project Engineering function for UK Chemical Manufacturing, ensuring the safe design and operation of new and existing equipment and systems on site to legislative requirements.
To deliver process engineering and assurance for projects and Management of Change programs of work, including fit-for purpose specification and selection of process equipment, field instruments and safety systems.
• Ability to work with minimum direction to drive process in relation to targets and goals
• Highly flexible and able to adapt to a high paced environment
• Significant experience of providing plant Process Engineering support within a chemical/petrochemical industry in particular to batch plant operation.
• Extensive experience of working on a high hazard COMAH /regulated manufacturing site
• Experience of project management, process improvements and general manufacturing initiatives
• Technical experience in relation to analysis of process equipment, reliability and utilization, including field studies
• Experience of leading and facilitating groups
• Understanding of Control of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH) legislation
• Experience of Project lifecycles & implementation, from scoping, work instructions through to plant commissioning etc.
• Perform process engineering calculations, including hydraulic and pressure relief.
• Understanding and application of thermochemistry, PHA, HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, and SIL.
• Considerable experience of Management of Change (MOC) system requirements
• Experience of compliance with DSEAR (Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations)
• Implementation of legislative and best practice standards associated with the discipline of process engineering
• Understanding of improvement techniques as applied to manufacturing
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to be diplomatic and negotiate with others enabling a successful outcome for all parties
• Extensive problem solving skills
• Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative
• Skilled in identifying process improvements, plant troubleshooting and optimisation
• Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
• Perform process design calculations for process related equipment and associated field valves and instrumentation
• Degree in Chemical Engineering
• Chartered Engineer status
• Support the site reliability strategy, ensuring capability is maximized through improved equipment reliability
• There is a requirement to work with and support production with Product Maintenance Requests (PMR); to assist in safe introduction of new blends and products to site, ensuring all process aspects are taken into account
• Drive and champion site process engineering continuous improvement projects
• Solve process and operational problems (troubleshooting)
• Proactively investigate areas of engineering & improvements to improve site overall OEE
• Support site engineering and production staff with technical advice, application engineering, incident investigation and project scope definition.
• Develop improvement projects from concept through lifecycle to implementation/delivery; be the lead Engineer on some projects and provide assurance that legislative and company standards are implemented.
• Recommend and implement improvements in the production process. Select and apply engineering techniques to solve problems, assess results for applicability, validity and conformance to specifications
• Assist with specifications for capital equipment procurement projects
• Presentation of work, reports and recommendations to senior management
• Special projects and ad-hoc duties as assigned
• Excellent communicator – this position requires a person that has the ability to work across business units – in this case engineering, production and QC laboratory.
• Understand the purpose and use of Risk Assessments (RA) and Method Statements (MS)
• Experience of working with Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
• Awareness of the correct use and function of all PPE
• Awareness of COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
• Awareness of MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) and their explicit meaning
• Skills in the use of Microsoft Office packages, including focus on Excel
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.