Senior Safety Engineer
Qualifications & Experience
B.Sc. in Safety Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum of 15 years of safety operational experience in Refinery and/or petrochemical industry
Candidate must be on a Transferrable iqama or eligible to work in Saudi Arabia without Visa sponsorship
Provides professional advice and technical expertise in identifying and resolving safety issues. Performs a
range of safety activities to monitor compliance with safety requirements and support enhanced safety
performance and the development of HSE reports.
• Execute site visits to audit and contractor personnel compliance with the safety action plans and monitoring points.
• Perform the day-to-day execution of safety parameters in order to increase refinery profit, enhance plant reliability/integrity, and promote safety & compliance to environmental
• Assist in the development and implementation of Safety Management system.
• Provide professional safety engineering advice and technical expertise to support development and optimization of safety policy procedures and programs.
• Initiate and monitor Safety Performance Improvement activity plans and oversee individual and group performance.
• Ensure compliance with safety requirements and regulations and all relevant legislation and statutory requirements.
• Review contractors Safety MS documentation to ensure it complies with requirements.
• Collate and validate HSE data for superintendent review to support development of HSE reports.
• Administer non-conformance, incident investigation and follow-up, lessons learnt and knowledge management processes.
• Coordinate and facilitate the monthly RMC site visit and record arising HSE issues to support development of the RMC (HSE) visit report.
• Coordinate safety communications and events planning.
• Ensure the timely identification of safety hazards, evaluation of risks for all activities and development of effective tools to manage and reduce risks.
• Ensure that crisis & emergency response plans and procedures are developed and maintained.
• Monitor execution of safety training program to support safety competence of own staff and contractor personnel.
• Support the development of a value centred, positive culture, focused on safety excellence.
• Participate in incident control duties during major accident emergencies or drills.
• Ensure safety audit process and plan is developed and implemented.
• Provide contingency drawdown analysis for safety measures.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.Senior Safety Engineer