Sr. Process Engineer (Pos. 11.7.29)
- Bachelor degree in Chemical/Process Engineering. Chartered Engineer status or equivalent is preferable.
- Minimum 12 years relevant post graduate experience, of which 8 years in Oil & Gas industry with an international consulting company, EPIC contractor or Operating Company. Possess sound fundamentals in his discipline area. Shall possess very good technical skills in his discipline.
- Skill / knowledge of International, Shell DEPs and/or QP standards related to his area of expertise and also Process SIMULATION such as HYSIS, ASPEN, FLARENET, etc.
- Experience in operations, maintenance and projects’ pre-commissioning, commissioning, start up and Hand-over activities.
- Possess good communication, presentation skills and fluent in English language.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing required quality Process engineering support and expertize through all stages of the project
- Verify and review technical designs, Process simulation documents, and design documents in accordance with approved standards and to meet Operations, Maintenance, Asset integrity and HSE requirements.
- Ensure scope preparation completeness review with hands on experience in operation and maintenance of rotating and non-rotating equipment, various pumps and compressors, reliability and availability of equipment, APMS (Asset Performance Management System), mechanical and piping modifications, utilities etc.
- Plan and coordinate between Operations, Maintenance, Asset Integrity, Process and Operational Safety, Fire Engineering and ICT teams to ensure project requirements are met and aligned and provide continuous project assurance.
- Identifies potential hazards during Engineering activities such as Document Review, Design Safety Review workshop, HAZID, ENVID, HAZOP, QRA, FERA, etc., participates in technical meetings, commissioning activities, SAT, Plant pre-start up safety audits, performance tests raises punch lists and provide support to operations and maintenance teams in various stages of project activities.
- Coordinate with Project execution department, engineering, operations and maintenance teams during projects’ FEED and EPIC stages to align operations, maintenance, and Asset Integrity and HSE requirements.
- Coordinate with all relevant stakeholders to resolve technical issues, punch lists and warranty issues during pre-commissioning and commissioning stages till the projects are successfully commissioned and handed over.
- Support lead engineer or his supervisor and ensure that all applicable environmental, process and safety technical policies, standards are fully integrated and implemented. Provide necessary support during any incident analysis, failure investigations etc.
- Ensure SIMOPS, Various project interfaces so that shutdown activities are properly planned for effective execution.