ADNOC is one of the world’s leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for the growth and diversification of the United Arab Emirates.
Our diverse family of more than 50,000 employees is made up of over 100 different nationalities. People from different backgrounds, with unique perspectives and wide-ranging skillsets, who share a collective responsibility: to enable and accelerate progress, both here in the UAE and across the globe.
Here at ADNOC, we go beyond business as usual. We do things differently, challenge convention, and embrace new ways of thinking. This is what defines and differentiates us.
By working together every day, we’re bringing energy to life.
Company : ADNOC Gas Processing
Job Title : Supervisor, Shift
1. JOB PURPOSE:
Conduct “On-Job-Training” and supervise the shift team to facilitate efficient and safe plant operation to optimize output so that production targets are met and all HSE requirements are adhered to.
2. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Operations Shift Supervision
- Supervise and provide direction to the shift team to achieve target throughput following best operating practices and procedures.
- Carry out detailed inspection of operating unit to ensure compliance with operating instructions and procedures and that equipment are correctly operated and maintained in a safe and efficient manner and a good standard of housekeeping is enforced.
- Initiate actions to improve yield, monitor consumption of chemicals, catalysts, lubricants and consumables used to ensure economic usage.
- Check and update status of all maintenance work in progress to ensure maximum availability of critical as well as standby equipment’s. Produce and issue required equipment list on daily basis to the Maintenance Department.
- Endorse and close all types of permits to work based on PTW guidelines and ensure completion of the job.
- Review, validate and monitor the operating data related to the production and operation of various operating equipment (operator round), includes discussing activities with shift team and highlighting anomalies for corrective action to be taken.
- Conduct and lead operational talks and HSE toolbox meetings Attend the departmental safety, health and good housekeeping meetings. Participate in plant inspection tours, and take active participation in implementing company policies of safety, health and loss prevention and quality management.
- Participate in Emergency Response duties as a team member.
- Review and analyse operator round readings at regular intervals with control room instrumentation to make sure they correlate. Verify correct operations of rotary and stationary plant equipment. Raise and endorses relevant work requests through work system as required.
- Supervise operations activities during shutdown or start-up of units or during any other critical operations to ensure compliance with operating procedures, best practices and plant/equipment safe operating limits.
- Communicate regularly with Shift Controller / Team Leader and other operating unit supervisors for any upset or off spec product re-routing.
- Prioritise and supervise maintenance activities outside normal working hour, discuss with Maintenance on call team and plan the job on priority basis. Verify and endorse operators/senior operators work requests and obtain shift controller for approval.
- Update periodically shutdown items and plan to attend short or long shutdown period. Follow routine checklist and countersign after completion and maintain proper documentation.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective functional objectives.
- Provide input for preparation of the Section / Team / Department budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver functional objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved Section / Team / Department policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Section / Team / Department in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with best Industry standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices
- Provide inputs to prepare MIS and progress reports for Company Management
3. COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Regular contacts with concerned Team Leader, Department Manager, Other Shift Controllers and Area employees at all levels on related matters.
- Frequent contact with Operations Department of other sites on matters related to the Department (coordination, liaison, discussion, sharing best practices).
- Regular contacts with personnel of Various ADNOC OPCOs in adjacent industries on Operations related matters (coordination, liaison).
- Contacts with Third Party Vendors, Products Consumers, Contractors, Service Providers.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent Professional Qualification.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 6 years of experience in Plant Operations in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Experience in supervising operational aspects of various plant units in Oil and Gas
- Knowledge of all process units operations for Gas Processing Plants.
- Familiar with general plant layout and the interconnection between units.
- Good understanding HSE standards, policy and procedures.
- Planning and Organising, Scheduling and Co-ordinating, Checking, Examining and Recording.
- Working with Tools and Technology.
Group Company: ADNOC Gas ProcessingJul 14, 2020Apply now