Maritime Trainee 2020-2022
Teekay Offshore Logistics
TOL – Marine and Offshore Projects
This a unique opportunity to gain broad experience in all phases of procject development; from early study and planning phase to new build completion and commisioning.
The project department has a significant role in the tender phase for new projects, including pre-feed and feed studies. For successful bids and new buildings, there is a stage of drawing approval and clarifications, where trainees can expect to be closely involved.
The project department is also involved in providing support to operational projects and to our customers. This includes ship inspections and technical evaluations of new designs.
Tasks/ Projects the trainee will typically be involved in:
- Engineering studies (FEED) and technical development
- Drawing approval and follow up of engineering contractors and suppliers
- Supervision of newbuilding projects at Yard (Korea)
- Project Management
- Sustainability initiatives
In addition, there will be opportunities for rotation within the operations department, typically:
- Assisting Vessel Manager in preparation and execution of docking, repairs and modification projects carried out at Yard abroad
- Involvement in continuous improvement initiatives
- Supporting the day-to-day operations through working in one of the technical support groups
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- MSc, preferably in Marine Technology
- Strong interest in shipping
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Analytical skills
- Good communication skills and the ability and desire to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment
- Flexible in regards to travels
Teekay Offshore (soon to be Altera Infrastructure) is a leading global energy infrastructure services company primarily focused on the ownership and operation of critical infrastructure assets in offshore oil regions of the North Sea, Brazil and the East Coast of Canada.
The group has consolidated assets of approximately $5 billion, comprised of more than 50 offshore assets, including FPSOs, shuttle tankers, towing vessels and a unit for maintenance and safety.
Here, you find over 2000 engaged and ambitions professionals, and an inclusive work environment. Our employees are committed to operational excellence; they value and respect each other, create mutual trust, and thrive together. As a part of the team, you can make a difference, and there are always great development opportunities. We expect our employees to bring passion, enthusiasm, and energy to work. In return, we offer exciting challenges, flexible working hours, and competitive compensation.